This low carb Zucchini Noodle Alfredo is rich and creamy. It makes a great side dish to a main fish dinner or delicious appetizer before a lighter meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 ounces (¼ package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut into ½ inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Using a good quality julienne peeler, cut the zucchini into long strands (julienne cut, as thin as spaghetti).
2. Place the zucchini julienne in a single layer on top of a double layer of paper towels. Let air dry for 4 hours.
3. Pour the olive oil into a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini julienne and cook, tossing the strands occasionally with tongs, for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
4. To make the sauce, heat the butter in a deep saute pan over low-medium heat. When the butter has melted and looks foamy, add the garlic and lemon peel and cook for about one minute or until the garlic has softened. Whisk in the potato starch and cook for about one minute. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking the ingredients to keep the sauce smooth. Add salt to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly, until the sauce is smooth and thick. Add the cream cheese and Romano cheese and whisk the ingredients until the cheeses are completely blended into the sauce. Stir in the chopped parsley.
5. Add the sauteed zucchini julienne to the sauce and toss with tongs until well coated. Serve topped with the grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper to taste.