Not your traditional tomato soup, this quick-cooking dish can be a side or light main meal
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes (14½ oz)
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained (or substitute fresh roasted red peppers; see tip)
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, rinsed and chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- Combine tomatoes and red peppers in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Put tomato mixture in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add evaporated milk, garlic powder, and pepper. Return to a boil, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add basil, and serve.
- Optional step: Serve with whole-wheat croutons sprinkled on top