- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2/3 cups chicken broth (14 ounce can)
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup cucumber - chopped, seeded, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon pepper
1 In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil; stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
2 Fluff with a fork; let cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, lightly toss couscous with garbanzo beans, cucumber, red pepper and onions.
3 Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, lemon rind and black pepper. Add to couscous mixture and toss. Garnish with lemon pepper.
Source: Wheat Foods Council