You will want to put this spicy condiment on everything. Schug is all-green, pungent and pleasantly acrid, thanks to the inclusion of fenugreek, a staple in Yemenite cooking.
- Prep Time
- Yields scant 1 cupServings
- 6 jalapeño peppers, stems cut off
- 1 large bunch cilantro, stems cut off
- ¼ cup ground fenugreek
- 2 teaspoons ground dry coriander
- 6 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Process all ingredients in a food processor until fine but not completely smooth. You want some texture.
2. Store, refrigerated, in a glass jar.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.