Citrus is the fruit of the season and it can truly be enjoyed as a salad like this for an appetizer or dessert.
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 6 small grapefruit
- 6 small oranges
- 9 tangerines
- 2 heads radicchio, shredded
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white Balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut tops and bottoms of citrus and place bottom on cutting board. With a curved motion, use your knife to slice the peel away from the side of the citrus from top to bottom. Repeat all the way around the entire fruit until all the peel and pith is gone. Lay peeled fruit on its side and slice into 1/4-inch thick rings. Repeat with remaining fruit.
- To assemble salad, spread out radicchio on a serving platter. Layer various size and colors of fruit on top of radicchio and sprinkle with mint. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and season lightly with freshly ground pepper.
From the Joy of Kosher Cookbook, order your copy 199 more recipes.