If you serve these wild rice pancakes with maple syrup, you can warm the syrup in the microwave so it doesn’t cool off the pancakes when poured on top.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, whisk potato starch and salt with soy milk and beaten egg. Add wild rice and scallions.
2. Over high heat, heat enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of a large saute pan; reduce heat to medium.
3. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into hot oil. Make enough pancakes to fill the pan without overcrowding.
4. For crispy pancakes, make sure the edges don’t touch. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all batter is used. Serve warm with maple syrup.