- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoon :margarine or olive oil
- 1 cup :sliced celery
- 1 cup :shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup :chopped onion
- 1/2 cup :chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons :flour
- 1/4 teaspoon :black pepper
- 1-1/2 cup :cooked wild rice
- 1 cup:water
- 10 (1/2) oz can :condensed chicken broth
- 2 cup :diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup :non dairy creamer or rice milk
- 1/3 cup :slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup :chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. When melted, add the celery, carrot, onion, and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- ump in the flour and pepper and stir to coat the vegetables. Add the wild rice, water, and broth. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat immediately. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken, non dairy creamer, almonds and parsley. Heat until just hot, being careful not to boil .