- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup Hot water
- 20 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut diagonally into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 Cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup red peppers, thinly sliced and 1 inch in length
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 In a blender combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, sugar and hot water until smooth.
2 In a pot of boiling salted water, boil the pasta until just tender; transfer to colander and rinse briefly under cold water.
3 Drain the pasta noodles well.
4 In a large bowl, toss noodles with peanut sauce, cucumbers, scallions and red peppers.
5 Add salt and pepper to taste.
6 Serve immediately at room temperature.