I love this Challah. Although there is a large amount of yeast, the challahs come out very fluffy. Preparation time does not include time for dough to rise.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ChallahsServings
- 3 packs of yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- Overflowing ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups regular flour
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tablespoon salt
- Sugar cinnamon mixture
1. Combine yeast sugar and water. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Add whole wheat flour, 1 cup at a time, mix.
3. Add oil, honey, egg and salt, mix.
4. Add regular flour, 1 cup at a time, mix.
5. Allow to rise, 3 hours.
6. Punch down, allow ½ hour more rising.
7. Spray pam on bottom of pan.
8. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture on bottom of pan. Shape challah and place in pan.
9. Bake at 350F for ½ hour until desired doughiness.
Can halve (but use 1 egg), double or triple recipe.