An easy and refreshing dish perfect for any meal that is healthy too!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 pkg (8oz/225g) fresh mushrooms 1
- 1 shallot, finely chopped 1
- 4 green onions, chopped 4
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley 30 mL
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 can (14oz/398 mL) crushed tomatoes 1
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 15 mL
- 1 1/2 lb white fish 750g
1 Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2 In a food processor, mince mushrooms until finely chopped. In a large, dry saucepan, cook mushrooms over medium heat until the moisture is gone and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.Remove from heat and add shallots, green onions, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and canola oi
3 Spread crushed tomatoes in a lightly oiled 9x13 inch (22x33cm) baking pan. Stir in balsamic vinegar.
4 Place fish fillets on top of tomatoes. Spoon duxelle mixture over fish, covering fillets.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork and mushroom mixture is lightly browned.