It is always fun to make your own candy to serve with coffee after a meal and to have around the house to nosh on over chag. It also makes a great hostess gift on Shavuot. Place in a clear bag and tie with green and pink ribbons.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- about 20 piecesServings
- 18 ounces white chocolate, divided
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachio halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules or fresh-ground beans
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and draw an 8 X 10 rectangle on it. Turn the parchment paper over. Roughly chop the pistachios and cranberries and set aside.
2. Melt 16 ounces of the white chocolate over a double boiler until smooth, or heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals and stir well after each cycle. Add 2/3 of the pistachios and cranberries and stir in. Use a silicone spatula to spread the mixture evenly inside the rectangle.
3. Sprinkle the remaining pistachios and cranberries on top. Sprinkle the coffee on top. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of white chocolate and use a whisk to drizzle lines on top.
4. Place in the fridge for at least one hour to firm up; cut or break into pieces, and enjoy
As Seen In The Joy of Kosher With Jamie Geller Magazine (Shavuot 2015) - Subscribe Now