The simple salad you can gussy up as you like, try this recipe.
- Prep Time
2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
8 ounces water packed or frozen artichokes, quartered
⅔ cup diced sweet red pepper
⅔ cup chopped black olives
¼ cup chopped red or Spanish onions
¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, or 2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
2¾ teaspoon dried basil or 1½ teaspoon chopped fresh basil
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
Freshly cracked black pepper
For Serving: Sliced cucumbers and salad greens
- In a large bowl combine the beans, artichokes, peppers, olives, onions, parsley, mint and basil, toss gently.
- Pour the oil and vinegar over the salad and then toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate, covered for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally, to let flavors blend.
- Serve on salad greens with cucumber garnish.