The simple salad you can gussy up as you like, try this recipe.
- Prep Time
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces water packed or frozen artichokes, quartered
- ⅔ cup diced sweet red pepper
- ⅔ cup chopped black olives
- ¼ cup chopped red or Spanish onions
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, or 2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2¾ teaspoon dried basil or 1½ teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- For Serving: Sliced cucumbers and salad greens
- In a large bowl combine the beans, artichokes, peppers, olives, onions, parsley, mint and basil, toss gently.
- Pour the oil and vinegar over the salad and then toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate, covered for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally, to let flavors blend.
- Serve on salad greens with cucumber garnish.