- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 1 cup wheat berries 250 mL
- 3/4 cup wild rice 175 mL
- 1 cup pot barley 250 mL
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced 4
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced 1
- 1/3 cup raisins 75 mL
- 1/2 cup toasted cashews, chopped 125 mL
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted 125 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 60 mL
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
1 In saucepan of boiling salt water, cover and simmer wheat berries until tender but firm, about 1 1/4 hours. Drain.
2 Meanwhile, in separate saucepan of boiling salt water, cover and simmer wild rice until tender and most grains will split, about 45 minutes
3 In a third saucepan of boiling salt water, cover and simmer barley, stirring occasionally, until tender about 20 minutes. Drain.
4 Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
5 Add wheat berries, wild rice, barley, green onion, red pepper and raisins
6 Toss to combine. (Make-ahead: Let cool. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days). Stir in cashews and sunflower seeds.