This is the perfect dish to make when you want breakfast for dinner. Eggs and sausage combine for a hearty and protein filled quick meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) chicken sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and diced (about ½ cup)
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, toasted
Heat olive oil in a 9-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula. Add onions and peppers and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
In a small bowl, beat eggs with water, salt and pepper.
Pour eggs over sausage mixture and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once every minute, until eggs are cooked. Divide between 4 plates or shallow bowls and serve with warm English muffins.