Nothing says summer holiday like watermelon and nothing says 4th of July like red, white and blue.
Kids will enjoy making and eating these fun pops.
- Prep Time
- 30 popsServings
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) seedless watermelon, peeled and sliced into 1 ½ inch thick slices
- 7 ounces melted bittersweet or white chocolate, cooled slightly
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Special equipment: 30-inch star shape cookie cutter, popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment
- Cut out star shapes from watermelon.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each star.
- Drizzle a generous amount of chocolate on watermelon stars.
- Decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until chocolate has firmed up.
- Serve within hours of decorating as the chocolate will begin to weep from watermelon juice.