A flavorful addition to chicken
- 12 ServingsServings
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- orange zest from 1 orange
- orange juice from 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped fresh or dried figs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup thread or unsweetened shaved coconut
- 2 cup chopped seedless watermelon
Place all the ingredients except the watermelon in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Simmer the mixture until thick and cooked down, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool.
Stir in watermelon and refrigerate or serve immediately.