Tomatoes and watermelon tossed with vinegar, oil and basel make a perfect mixture of tangy and sweet.
- Prep Time
- 2 large tomatoes, rinsed and cut into 6 slices each
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (or substitute apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 4 cups diced watermelon, with seeds removed (about half a small melon, rinsed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Arrange three tomato slices on each of four salad plates.
2. Combine vinegar, oil, and basil in a bowl, and mix well.
3. Add watermelon, and gently toss to coat evenly. Spoon watermelon over the tomatoes.
4. Top with salt and pepper, and serve.
Alternate: Substitute three cherry or grape tomatoes and three chunks of watermelon threaded onto a wooden skewer (eight skewers needed). Serving: two skewers