Watermelon based salsa with red peppers, cantelope, jalapene chile and mint leaves. A nice addition to fish or beef, especially on a hot summer day.
- Prep Time
- 4 cupsServings
- 1 (1-pound) piece watermelon
- 1 (1-pound) piece cantaloupe
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 fresh jalapene chile
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Remove rinds and seeds from melons and dice fruit into 1/4-inch pieces.
2. Cut bell pepper into 1/4-inch pieces.
3. Finely chop onion and cilantro and, wearing rubber gloves, finely chop jalapeño with seeds.
4. In a bowl, toss together all ingredients and season with salt.
Salsa may be made 4 hours ahead and chilled, covered.