Make a beautiful tower out of watermelon and hearts of palm for a crowd pleasing look. Flavor infused watermelon makes the dish.
- 2 ServingsServings
- 16 piece large melonballer scoops of watermelon (yellow or red)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 can hearts of palm (14 oz) (jar will work)
- 2 tablespoon herbed goat cheese (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion tails
- 2 teaspoon chopped basil
- 4 piece whole wheat bread, toasted (crusts removed)
- 1 1/2 cup assorted mixed greens
Make some watermelon balls with watermelon baller, and dispose of any seeds.
Marinate melon balls in a bowl with orange juice, olive oil, and mint.
Set aside at room temperature.
Use leftover scraps of watermelon for dressing.
Cut the four hearts of palm into 2-in pieces. You will end up with 16 2-in pieces of hearts of palm
Mix together cream cheese, watermelon, goat cheese, garlic, scallion tails and basil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on top of toast.
Place four pieces of hearts of palm in center of the plate.
Top with bread.
Place four watermelon balls on top of each toasted slice of bread.
Top small amount of mixed greens tosses with Watermelon Salad Dressing.