- 1 red watermelon (4 lb.)
- 2 packages oriental noodles, uncooked (12 ounce)
- 2 pound grilled chicken breasts, boneless (approx. 4)
- 2 seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced with peel
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Gourmet salad greens
- Bamboo shoots
- Parsley sprigs
Sweet and Sour Ginger Dressing:
- 2 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, minced
- 4 ounce soy oil
- 1 ounce sesame oil
- Remove the rind from watermelon and cut the flesh into 1- to 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate. Cook and drain noodles, set aside.
- Arrange the salad greens on each individual plate and place the noodles on top 1 sliced chicken breast on a spiral on 3 oz. of noodles.
- Place 3/4 cup cubed watermelon and 1/3 cup sliced cucumbers beside chicken. Sprinkle with parsley sprigs.
- Garnish with bamboo shoots and serve with Sweet and Sour Ginger Dressing.
Sweet and Sour Ginger Dressing
- Mix vinegar, soy sauce, and gingerroot until well mixed; set aside.
- Combine soy and sesame oils in salad dressing shaker; gradually add vinegar mixture until blended.
- Shake well before serving.