Delicious side dish of potatoes and green beans with a tasty horseradish based dressing!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bag multi color potatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, can use 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons white horseradish
- ¼ cup olive oil, put aside 2 tablespoons for sauteing
- 1/2 cup margerine
- 1 lemon
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Prep all vegetables.
2. Melt margarine and add 2 tablespoons olive oil into a high sided skillet. Add potatoes cook about 15 minutes, add onions and cook until golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, boil and salt a 6 quart pot of water. Cook string beans until tender but still crunchy about 5 minutes.
4. Remove string beans from boiling water and blanch in in ice water, drain well, set aside.
5. Add thyme to potatoes and onions and continue cooking.
6. In a small bowl, zest lemon and juice it, add mustard, horseradish and honey, and whisk together. While whisking, add remaining olive oil till combined.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions and string beans. Add horseradish dressing and toss lightly. Serve warm or chilled.