At Bistro Grill, our favorite neighborhood steakhouse in Great Neck, New York, Serge, the chef, makes a fabulous salad using smoked salmon, Craisins, pine nuts and red peppers, all dressed in balsamic vinaigrette. I've made that salad into two recipes. One is the Warm Salmon Salad and one is this Warm Pepper and Craisin Salad. You'll find that each are flavorful enough to stand on their own.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, diced
- 1/2 cup Craisins or dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package mixed field greens
- For dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and sauté peppers for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Craisins, balsamic vinegar and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until peppers are slightly tender.
- While peppers are cooking, place all dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse 3 or 4 times; alternatively, whisk together by hand. Process or whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Place mixed field greens in a salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss gently. Top with warm pepper mixture. Serve warm.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher