- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 44 ServingsServings
- 1/2 pound kamut
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 ounces Indian Harvest Aurora Fruit Blend (diced dried cranberries, apricots and black mission figs) or the same amount of
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 3/4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 large red onion, julienne cut
- 3/4 cups acorn squash, small cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Bring stock to a boil, stir in Kamut® Blend and salt. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 45 minutes, or until desired texture. Drain excess liquid and reserve rice.
2 Sauté red onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent; stir in dried fruit. Add vinegar, water and sugar and simmer low for 10 minutes. Reserve.
3 Saute red onion in olive oil until caramelized, remove from pan and reserve. In same pan, sauté squash and thyme until squash is caramelized. Salt and pepper as needed.
4 Mix all ingredients well and serve. Top with duck confit if desired.
Source: Recipe courtesy of www.IndianHarvest.com and www.wholegrainscouncil.org