You don’t usually serve potato salad because it looks like mush, right? I agree, but here’s the solution! Potato salad goes upscale with this very elegant version. Fingerlings are small, funny-shaped potatoes, but still manage to look exquisite. They’re tasty and the skin is as soft and
delicious as the tender flesh.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 3 pounds mixed fingerling potatoes and baby yams, halved or quartered if large
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried
Preheat oven to 400° F. Divide potatoes between 2 rimmed sheet pans and drizzle 6 tablespoons oil over potatoes. Sprinkle garlic, salt, and pepper to taste on top. Roast until tender when pricked with a fork, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Broil on high for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove and carefully transfer to a large bowl.
Add scallions, vinegar, mustard, parsley, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and toss to coat. Serve warm.