After a long day warming up to a bowl of stew that you can wrap your hands around. With very little prep and simply throwing all of the ingredients into a crockpot after searing the meat makes it very simple to go out to work, pick up the kids and coming home to a dinner just makes everything wonderful.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1/2 pound creamers (baby potatoes) cut in half
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 parsnip, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can tomato paste (smallest can)
- 1/2 bottle cabernet sauvginon, or your favorite red wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1/4 cup flour or (corn starch for gluten free people) season with a bit of salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced fresh the freezer cubes can be used
- 2 tablespoon Canola oil use a little at a time, but not than more
Peel all the vegetables and slice up. Insert in the crock pot that is either lined with a crock pot liner or coated with cooking spray.
In a Ziploc bag toss in the flour and seasoning and shake until thoroughly mixed. Toss in some beef cubes and toss until coated. As you do this heat saute pan with some oil, but not all. Sear beef on all sides. This should take fifteen minutes at most. Please make sure though to shake off as much excess flour as possible.
By coating the beef with flour the stew will then thicken while cooking in to crock pot later on.
Once the vegetables and beef are in the crock pot then add in the rest of the ingredients. Try to make sure that most of the ingredients are covered with the wine. If need be you can add more wine. Cook for 4-6 on high or 7-8 hours on low.
Pick up some bread on your way home to scoop up all that yumminess.