- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 1 large onion, or more if needed to make
- 1 cup puree
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts, chopped coarse
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1 Preheat the oven to 425°F and spray muffin tins with non-stick spray. Peel onion, cut in quarters and puree fine in food processor.
2 Measure puree and increase or decrease the amount to make 1 cup.
3 Beat together butter, eggs and sugar and add pureed onions.
4 Stir in remaining ingredients in the order given and mix batter thoroughly. Fill muffin tins almost full.
5 Bake muffins 20 minutes or until they are puffed and well browned. Serve warm.
Source: California Walnut Board