The quintessential fall comfort food dessert made simply and deliciously in a slow cooker. Your house will smell amazing when you have these cooking.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 medium baking apples, such as granny smith
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger OR 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Spray bottom of slow-cooker with cooking spray.
- Use a melon baller to remove the core and seeds, leaving the bottom and about 1/2-inch of sides intact.
- In a medium bowl, combine cranberries, walnuts, ginger, sugar and oil and mix together well. Divide filling between apples, pressing down to fill completely. Bake in crock pot on high for 3 hours.
- To serve, drizzle each apple with honey.