- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 pounds rack of lamb, frenched
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup California walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup spicy honey mustard
1 Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2 Sprinkle racks of lamb with salt and pepper.
3 In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat sear racks of lamb until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a roasting pan and let cool slightly.
4 Using a pastry brush, rub mustard all over lamb. Press walnut mixture onto mustard to form a crust
5 Roast in the center of preheated oven until medium rare, about 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
6 Cut between the bones and serve 2 - 3 chops per person.
Source: California Walnut Board