- 1 1/2 pounds ripe apples peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe pears peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch (8-cup capacity) oval gratin baking dish. Add the apples, pears, cranberries, lemon juice, honey, and vanilla; mix well.
2 Bake until the fruit is tender, can be 30 minutes or up to one hour. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve hot or at room temperature.
California Walnut Board