- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinless, cut into 122 cubesAPRICOT GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons California walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, white and pale green stem, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
1 Preheat oven to 400° F, Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2 For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
3 For the salmon bites: In another small bowl, whisk together jam and vinegar. Set aside.
4 In a blender or food processor, combine walnuts, bread crumbs, and cilantro. Process a few turns until blended but still a coarse texture.
5 Brush salmon pieces with the jam mixture. Coat each piece evenly with the walnut bread crumb mixture.
6 Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
Source: California Walnut Board