- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ServingsServings
- 2 cups firmly packed finely grated carrots
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup honey, liquefied in microwave (30 sec.)
- 1/2 cup crushed or chopped pineapple, drained
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, chopped
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 In a mixing bowl, stir together the carrots, orange juice, vanilla, olive oil, honey, and pineapple until well blended.
3 In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking soda, and spices. Mix in the walnuts.
4 Blend the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture, stirring until just mixed.
5 Pour the batter into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with paper liners. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Source: California Walnut Board