- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- For the berries:
- 5 1/2 cups mixed berries (use fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or red currants)
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extractFor the crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2 In a large bowl toss the berries together with the sugar and vanilla until coated.
3 Divide the berries among 4 oven-safe bowls or ramekins of at least 2 cup capacity.
4 To make the topping, put the walnuts, flour, sugar and butter in a medium bowl. With your fingertips or a fork, rub the ingredients together until the mixture looks crumbly.
5 Sprinkle over the berries; it will be a light topping.
6 Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, or until the berries are bubbling and the topping is lightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.
7 Serving suggestion: The crumble goes nicely with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
California Walnut Board