- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chopped California walnuts, divided
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, 3/4 cup walnuts and next 5 ingredients (sugar through baking soda) in food processor. Whirl until walnuts are finely ground.
2 Add eggs, egg white and cheese; pulse until dough is evenly moistened. Knead or stir in remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
3 Turn dough out onto greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Pat dough into 12x3x3/4-inch loaf. Sprinkle top with coarse salt.
4 Bake 25 minutes until light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes or until firm enough to slice. Reduce oven to 300°F.
5 With a sharp knife, cut loaf into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place in single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
6 Bake at 300°F 20-25 minutes until light golden brown and crisp to the touch. Biscotti will continue to crisp as they cool.
Source: California Walnut Board