This delicious Vineyard Chicken is infused with the richness of red wine, garlic, rosemary and fresh grapes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Sprig of rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Bordeaux or other dry full-bodied red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 pound black or red seedless grapes, not too sweet
1. Wash the chicken and pat dry.
2. Heat the oil in a deep and heavy skillet or pot.
3. Add the garlic, rosemary and chicken and brown the chicken on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and keep cooking until nice and golden.
4. Discard the garlic cloves before they start turning brown.
5. Stir the tomato paste into the wine and add to the chicken; stir well and cover.
6. Cook, covered, on medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
7. Add the grapes and cook for 10 more minutes.
8. Remove the chicken and grapes from the pot, and allow the sauce to thicken on low heat before pouring it onto the chicken stew. Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Passover 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW