This vegetarian taco recipe is easy, is super filling, and delicious!
I love to use Morningstar Farms Black Bean burgers--they have beans and veggies already inside, so there is very little to add. If you are using another burger type, add in some black beans, red pepper, and corn to spice it up.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 Morningstar Farms Black Bean Burgers
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 Tacos (soft or hard)
- 4 whole pieces romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large skillet with a drop of canola or vegetable oil.
2. Meanwhile, thaw veggie burgers until ice has largely disappeared.
3. Chop up your onions into small/medium pieces.
4. When the oil begins to sizzle, drop the veggie burgers in the skillet and allow them to soften.
5. Stand over the skillet, poking at the burgers with a spatula until they are soft enough to break apart. Use the spatula to crush the burgers into small, crumbly pieces.
6. Add in the onions (and salt/pepper, if desired)
7. Sautee until onions begin to brown and veggie burgers darken--you'll be able to see that it's ready to be eaten (about 10 minutes).
8. Line taco shells with one piece of lettuce each.
9. Fill the taco shells to the brim with your delicious 'meat' and enjoy!