This salad satisfies meat eaters and is surprisingly filling. Try it with any variety of lettuce.
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress or arugula
- 1 head frisee (optional)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 package smoked tofu cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 package tempeh for tempeh bacon
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian kind or substitute soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic
- 11/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Finely chop all lettuce. Place in a large bowl.
Arrange cherry tomatoes, tofu cubes, eggs and cheese on top of greens. Crumble fake bacon over top.
Prepare dressing by mixing all ingredients except oil in a glass jar. Cover and shake. Add oil and shake again. Drizzle over salad and serve.