Editor's Note: This Vegetable Pot Pie with Latke Crust is the perfect dish to serve for Chanukah that is both gluten free and vegan. The marriage of a latke pie crust with savory veggie filling is delicious, and is a healthier way to serve latkes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 grated Idaho potatoes
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus for lattice top
- 1 pint shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
1. Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
2. Cut off tough ends of asparagus and lightly grease with cooking spray or coconut oil. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pliable.
3. Grate the potatoes and wash to remove all starches, pat dry with a kitchen towel. In a bowl mix grated potato, spices and coconut oil and press it into a pie dish. Bake until golden brown.
3. In a heated pan sautee vegetables in coconut oil for 15 minutes or until slightly tender. Add in the flour and mix until the flour is cooked off. Then add in the vegetable stock and simmer until the sauce thickens to gravy like consistency. Set aside to cool.
4. On top of cooled latke crust, add vegetables in gravy and top with woven asparagus to mimic a traditional pie crust style.
5. Bake again for an additional 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.