Take yesterday's rice and turn it into today's lunch. Pack it up and serve hot or at room temperature for a filling healthy meal everyone will enJOY.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash of hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Toasted peanut oil or grapeseed oil for stir frying
- 1 stalk broccoli, cut into small pieces or 2 cups frozen
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup frozen or fresh carrots, diced small
- ¼ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice, leftover rice works best for this
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Whisk scallions, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, hot sauce, ginger, garlic, and oil together and set aside.
1. Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Add enough oil to have a quarter-inch of oil in the pan.
2. Add broccoli, peas, carrots, edamame, and scallions and stir fry until cooked through and lightly browned.
3. Push vegetables to the side of the pan and add rice. Stir fry until rice is crisped up and lightly browned.
4. Push rice to the side and add eggs. Cook eggs until they are completely set. Stir vegetables and rice into eggs and pour sauce over the entire mixture. Turn off the heat and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.