These are a great veggie burger alternative— when you’ve overdosed on potatoes, these are filling, are lighter, and offer a little more variety. Though they’re delicious right out of the fryer, they’re neat, easy to eat, and portable for a take-a-long lunch. Eat alone, or if your customs allow, create a sandwich with matzah and some crunchy lettuce.
- 12-15 cutlets ServingsServings
- 2 zucchini, peeled and grated
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 2 potatoes,, peeled and grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 parsley root (optional)
- 2 tablespoon potato starch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil, for frying
In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, celery, carrots, onion, potatoes, eggs, parsley root, potato starch, salt and pepper. Mix to combine well.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop mixture by the heaping spoonful into the hot oil. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Flip when mixture is holding together.