A sugar free and vegan cake!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon vanilla (yep, it calls for lots of vanilla – I accidently used 2 tsp)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and 8 inch square pan.
2. Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine agave nectar, oil, milk, vanilla and vinegar.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before proceeding to make
Now, if you want, any old white cake will do. Boxed, store bought, your personal favorite recipe…. (Of course it won’t have quinoa in it, but seriously, who are we kidding. This dish isn’t about health!)
If you would prefer, use sugar and add 1/4 cup of milk.
Source: Quinoa Recipes