The poke bowl is traditionally made with fish, brought to us from Hawaii, we love the simple Japanese flavors that infuse the dish.
This vegan poke bowl has all the flavor of fish poke, but is perfect for those who don't eat fish or who just want to try something different. We marinate tofu cubes for the ultimate vegan Summer breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Make our quick sushi rice for this bowl.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
¼ cup Kikkoman® Sweet Soy Glaze
¼ cup Kikkoman® Soy Sauce with Lime
¼ cup Kikkoman® Toasted Sesame Oil
14 ounces extra firm tofu
1 ½ cups sushi rice, cooked
1 cup edamame, cooked
2 ripe avocados, thinly sliced
1 cup mango, thinly sliced or pineapple, chopped
Optional Garnishes: shredded nori, carrots ribbons, lime wedges, or toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together sweet soy glaze, soy sauce with lime and sesame oil to make the poke marinade. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press tofu for 1 to 2 minutes between paper towels to absorb all excess moisture. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush tofu cubes with half of the poke marinade. Reserve remaining marinade to serve with poke.
- Bake tofu at 350°F for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- To prepare poke bowls, place sushi rice on bottom of the bowl. (You can make one large bowl of poke or four individual bowls.) Drizzle remaining marinade over rice. Top with tofu cubes, edamame, avocado and mango or pineapple. Garnish with shredded nori, carrot ribbons, lime wedges, or toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.