Vegan mushroom stroganoff served up with garlic bread and salad .
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 4 ounces diced onion
- 1 ounce minced garlic
- 3 pounds button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 3 3/4 cups plain soy milk
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds whole wheat fettuccine
- 1/2 ounce chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a large rondo and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add the sliced button mushrooms and sauté until the juices are released.
2. Strain the mushrooms, reserving the liquid. Sauté the cremini mushrooms until the juices are released. Strain the creminis, reserving the liquid.
3. In a separate pan, heat both mushroom liquids with the wine and tomato paste until almost boiling. Mix 1 cup of the soy milk with the flour to make a slurry.
4. Stir the remaining 2 3/4 cups soy milk into the mushroom liquid. When it simmers, whisk in the slurry until smooth.
5. Add both kinds of mushrooms into the sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Toss the mushroom sauce with the fettuccine. Serve 6-ounce portions, garnishing with fresh parsley.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com