One of our favorite and most popular recipes is our Fala Me to KALEifornia salad with the option to add falafel. It's a powerhouse, nutrient dense salad loaded with superfoods such as kale, quinoa, sunflower and other sprouts, healthy fats from avocado and tahini and protein rich with garbanzo beans and hummus. It's also very beautiful and garnished with an edible flower.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ServingServings
- 2 handfuls ripped dinosaur or curly kale (washed and stems removed)
- Juice of 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans (soaked in water overnight, drained, and then cooked)
- 1/4 cup quinoa (soaked in water overnight, drained, and then cooked)
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons cup sunflower sprouts
- 2 tablespoons micro greens
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced (can add more if you’d like)
- Heaping dollop of your favorite hummus
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Edible flowers if you’re feeling fancy
1. In a small bowl, add the kale, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
2. Toss to combine.
3. Place the bed of kale onto a large plate and form a circle with each scoop of ingredients leaving a space in the center. This includes the carrots, purple cabbage, garbanzo beans, quinoa, sunflower, and alfalfa sprouts.
4. Place the hummus in the center, sprinkle with paprika, and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
5. Place the sliced avocado, micro greens, and lemon wedge (in case you need more) anywhere you’d like and an edible flower if it strikes your fancy.