I love making different kinds of patties with chickpea flour and eliminating the eggs. It gives a really nice crispy texture and works well with the flavor of potatoes. It also just happens to make the latkes vegan which is a plus for some. I added harissa to the mix and to the sauce for a nice treat. I liked them as patties or balls, so it is up to you, but latke bites are kind of fun and different.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, grated
- 1 large white onion, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chick-pea flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons harissa
1. Place grated potatoes and onion in large bowl. Mix in green onion, cilantro, chickpea flour, and harissa.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure to have a thick layer of oil and that the oil is very hot.
3. Take small scoops of the mixture or form into patties and place in the hot oil. Fry on all sides and remove to paper towels to drain.
Reheat in oven if needed and serve with Harissa Mayo.
Prepare sauce by mixing vegan mayo with harissa at a 1:1 ratio.