Vegan Pink Coconut Whip is so easy, so effortless, and so amazing that I can’t imagine not making it at least once a week.
Note: If you don't want to break out the mixer, simply combine all ingredients with a fork.
Recipe posted courtesy of Eat Drink Shrink.
- Prep Time
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1 tablespoon (or more to taste) coconut sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons defrosted Pitaya Plus Pink Dragonfruit
- Fresh fruit of any kind
1. Chill your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes before making the coconut whipped cream.
2. When bowl is chilled, remove the thick and hardened coconut cream from the can and transfer to your mixing bowl, leaving any excess for smoothies later. If the can of coconut cream did not become solid, you may have gotten a dud can of coconut cream and it sadly won't whip into soft peaks. Use for other recipes! (Editor's Note: flip the can upside down before you open, then drain the liquid from the top to get the cream on the bottom).
3. Using a whisk attachment, beat on medium/high for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy and soft peaks form. Scrape down the bowl. Add sweetener, vanilla extract, and pink dragonfruit and continue beating for another 2 minutes. You should have soft peaks! If not thick enough you can add a pinch of arrowroot. Serve with fresh fruit!