- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole blanched or natural almonds
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (such as Sugar In The Rawu00ae)
1 Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2 Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3 Add the sugar, water, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and cook, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves, 2 minutes.
4 Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add the almonds and stir to coat.
5 Spread the almond mixture in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
6 Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
7 Cool slightly and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with the turbinado sugar and toss to coat.
8 Cool completely while stirring occasionally.
9 Store in an airtight container.
Source: Almond Board of California