Making your own vanilla essence or extract with vanilla beans and vodka is so easy with this simple recipe.
- Prep Time
- 1 cupServings
- 3 to 4 high-quality vanilla beans
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 glass container or bottle that seals tightly
1. Cut vanilla beans in half and split lengthwise.
2. Place vanilla beans in a bottle and fill bottle with vodka.
3. Seal tightly and store in a cool, dark place for at least 2 months. You can leave the vanilla beans in the glass jar/bottle for a more intense vanilla flavor.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2013 SUBSCRIBE NOW