We’ve taken the traditional Israeli candy and turned it into a sweet spread you can put on cookies, bread, pretzels...anything.
The best quality ingredients are key to getting a great tasting Halvah spread. Opt for the best quality tahini and plumpest vanilla beans you can buy.
Once made, store this spread in a covered jar or container and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks. But with its deliciously addictive quality, it will probably be eaten before then.
- Prep Time
- 1½ CupServings
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons silan (date honey)
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
1. In a small bowl, stir to combine tahini, vanilla seeds, lemon zest, honey, and salt.
2. Transfer spread to a covered jar or container and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks.