Just because we are trying to eat healthier these days doesnt mean that our cookies should suffer. This version of oatmeal raisin cookies has actually been proven to taste just as good as its margarine and white sugar and flour counterpart, i made a batch of each one weekend and we couldnt tell them apart!
- 6 dz cookies ServingsServings
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring (optional- i like wiltons)
- 1 3/4 cup natural light brown sugar aka, demerara sugar, aka sugar in the raw
- 1 tablespoon pure molasses
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cup raisins (any raisin sized dried fruit works)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Beat oil, butter flavoring, sugar, molasses and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs; beat until well blended.
- Sift the flour over the bowl and then add the cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended
- Stir in oats & raisins.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto wax paper lined baking sheet.
- bake for 1o to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before handling at all (cookies will be very gooey until they cool)