This simple roast is perfect served hot or cold. Sliced thinly and served with spicy mustard or gremolata, this simple hands-off preparation is perfect for a crowd.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Season roast with salt and pepper.
3. Place fake bacon or pastrami slices around roast, making sure to cover the entire surface of roast.
4. Place wrapped roast in 9- x 13-inch baking dish and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted registers 130°F for medium rare.
5. Remove roast from heat and allow roast to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing.
6. This roast is great served at all temperatures. For a more well-done roast, cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes more.
7. Serve with Parsley Gremolata.
1. Combine parsley, garlic, zest, juice, evoo, salt, and pepper. Serve with sliced roast.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.